Members please login or use your email address to obtain the member rate.
Domestic Violence – It’s brutal, heartless and cruel. LET’S TALK ABOUT IT.
It is about Violence—Fear---Power and Control. Come join seasoned faculty, including veteran prosecutors, law enforcement, scientific experts, health care and mental health specialists, victim-witness professionals, and survivors as we share insight that will increase your ability to successfully overcome the complex challenges you face in providing quality service to victims of domestic violence and investigating and prosecuting their abusers. This multi-disciplinary conference covers:
- Evidence Based Prosecution: Proceeding Without the Victim’s Participation
- Effective Approaches for Utilizing Trauma-Informed Practices
- Stopping Victim Blaming Behavior
- The Impact of Domestic Violence on our Children
- Anticipating and Overcoming Common Defenses
- Use of Digital Evidence in Building the Prosecution’s Case
- Best Practices for Prosecutors, Law Enforcement and Victim Witness Professionals
- and much more!
NDAA invites prosecutors, lawyers and paralegals in local, state, tribal, federal and military government attorneys’ offices who work on behalf of survivors, law enforcement, victim advocates and victim-witness professionals to attend this conference. In addition, domestic violence task force members, all court services staff, judges, health and mental health care professionals, shelter and social workers, members of the faith community, school administrators, legislators and policymakers, survivors, protective services personnel, and other professionals and community stakeholders are welcome to attend.
TENTATIVE COURSE SCHEDULE:
On Site Registration: 8:00 a.m. Monday, September 30, 2019
Orientation: 8:30 a.m. Monday, September 30, 2019
Conclusion: 12:00 p.m. Friday, October 4, 2019