Members please login or use your email address to obtain the member rate.
The challenge for members of the prosecution team and other criminal justice professionals is to analyze the evidence trail or the gaps left by the defendant, prepare for the myriad of defense attacks, provide a motive even if none is legally required, develop your theme and theory in a persuasive manner that makes the crime scene visible and understandable to the trier of fact and achieve this in an ethical and succinct manner. We accept this challenge! Join seasoned faculty, including experienced prosecutors, scientific experts, crime scene specialists and health care professionals, as they provide effective techniques and strategies that will increase your ability to successfully overcome any challenge the defense may present. The course covers:
• The Visual Trial-Countering Attacks to Use of Litigation Technology
• Mass Shootings: Protocols and Case Preparation
• Digital Evidence: Seizing Electronic Evidence
• Overcoming Mitigation Defenses
• Presenting Ballistics Evidence
• Crossing Expert Witnesses
• Brainstorming issues and solutions to homicide scenarios
• Optional Trial Visuals Lab
• and much more!
ELIGIBILITY: NDAA Invites investigators, prosecutors, local law enforcement officers, jail officers who work closely with the prosecutor’s office, and paralegals to our Prosecuting Homicide Cases Course.
TENTATIVE COURSE SCHEDULE:
On Site Registration: 8:00 a.m. Monday, June 29, 2020
Orientation: 8:30 a.m. Monday, June 29, 2020
Conclusion: 12:00 p.m. Friday, July 3, 2020