Members please login or use your email address to obtain the member rate.
NDAA has championed the cause of victims for decades.
Domestic Violence…Sexual Assault…Elder Abuse...Human Trafficking…
From backlash against victims to the lack of scientific evidence and eyewitnesses, these violent crimes are some of the most difficult to investigate, prosecute and litigate. Prosecutors are faced with endless obstacles such as; witness intimidation, witness and victim’s mental state and competency, defense allegations of a variety of mitigating factors including mental health issues, to traditional and unusual defenses. Join our experienced multi-disciplinary faculty as NDAA brings two amazing courses together for one great event - The Annual National Multi-Disciplinary Conference on Domestic Violence and Prosecuting Sexual Assaults. Our exceptional speakers will discuss issues essential to effective investigation, charging, prosecution, case management and sentencing in these complex cases. We will also address self-care for those working on these cases and Trauma-Informed Care and Practices.
It is about Violence, Fear, Power, and Control - we must protect victims and witnesses.
VOTE EARLY AND JOIN US!!!
This multi-disciplinary conference covers:
- The Myths & Realities: The Investigation
- Effective Approaches for Utilizing Trauma-Informed techniques
- Cross-Examination of Defendants and Their Experts
- Use of Experts – When, How and Where to Find Them
- Witness Intimidation Issues
- Evidence-based Prosecutions
- Stop Victim Blaming Behavior
- Human Trafficking and it's link to Domestic Violence
- The Tentacles of Domestic Violence: Child Maltreatment and Rage
- Use of Digital Evidence Electronically Stored Information in Building the Prosecution’s Case
- Sexual Assault Among Intimate Partners and Others
- Safe Use of Technology by Victims
- Best Practices for Prosecutors, Law Enforcement and Victim Witness Professionals
- Domestic Violence in Late Life
- PowerPoint 101 hands-on session
- Optional Advanced PowerPoint session
- Opening networking event
- And much more!
ELIGIBILITY: NDAA invites prosecutors and other lawyers from all levels of government and all jurisdictions, as well as members of tasks forces or sexual assault and domestic violence coalitions, paralegals, investigators, law enforcement officers, victim advocates, victim-witness professionals, survivors, judges and other members of the criminal justice system, community stakeholders and health care professionals to attend. We encourage Title IX compliance officers, university and campus police, counselors and administrative personnel to join us as we discuss collaborating on these complex cases.
VOTE EARLY AND JOIN US!!!